Monday 26 April 2010

Target audience

Discussion of target audience

Thinking about the genre as a whole I would have to personally classify the crime genre as an 18. I believe this as many crime films show crime that is inappropriate for minors to see, these scenes may encourage anti-social behaviour as children attempt to act like their onscreen heroes. There isn’t really a target age for films but I believe that people generally enjoy watching films which have been released since they have been alive e.g. 20 year old are more likely to watch Pulp Fiction (1994) than the Godfather (1972). I don’t think that crime films target an exact gender in particular, as they accessible to both sexes. Although saying that I personally believe that the crime genre is more popular among males especially gangster related films e.g. Scarface. But films such as The Dark Knight are popular in both genders.

No comments:

Post a Comment